Monday, November 4, 2013

October 31, 2013--Third Observation--With Betta Fish Pellet

October 31, 2013--Third Observation

This week my micro aquarium received a new food source, a beta fish pellet. Before putting my micro aquarium under a microscope I saw a speck moving jaggedly and very quickly. I followed it under the microscope and discovered it was a rotifer. Many of the organisms that I noted last time have grown bigger. There is also a large amount of dead organisms, I specifically noted a tardigrade and a worm, at the bottom of the container.
 I noticed that the three places crammed with life was at the bottom where the dead had sunk to, near the betta fish pellet, and in the little air bubbles where water droplets condensed on the glass. The latter had many tiny bacteria and single celled organisms floating around everywhere like how picnic ants completely cover the fallen bits of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment