Monday, October 28, 2013

October 24th---Second Observation

October 24th, 2013

Before viewing the micro aquarium under a microscope, I noticed that it had lost water and there were air bubbles scattered randomly throughout it. I also noticed that the plant samples in the micro aquarium are losing chlorophyll.

While using the microscope, I was able to find most of the organisms in the dirt at the bottom rather than near the plant samples possibly because they find more food in the dirt. I found two organisms around the two plant samples. I spotted a rotifer that was free swimming floating around a leaf and I spotted a worm-like larva attached to the stem of the hedwig. At the bottom, I found two more worm-like larvas, a dead rotifer, an arthropod that resembled a flea, a water bear, and a gastrotrich eating a strand algae or maybe a disattached leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment